The Official Dennis Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hangman (Game Themed)

2 posters

Go down

Hangman (Game Themed) Empty Hangman (Game Themed)

Post by Twi Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:02 am

Welcome :D
Welcome to the first forum game in the history of man. Or here. The first forum game to be created at 2:43PM on 31/12/2009. Ermmm... Can't think of any more filler writing. On to the next paragraph!

Rules and How To
There aren't many rules to hangman, okay there are loads because I don't trust you lot to use common sense.
1) The first round (posted by myself) will start the ball rolling.
2) Participants post their letter of choice for the current puzzle, correct guesses reveal the letter(s) in the corresponding part(s) of the hidden word. The current round's 'Host' will update progress by filling in the blanks or recording incorrect guesses.
3) Incorrect guesses result in one point towards the hangman's doom, ten incorrect guesses equals a loss. Ten represents the number of pieces used to construct the picture of the man in the gallows, well it's actually twelve but you guys are so hardcore you can do it in ten.
4) In the event of a failed puzzle, the current Hangman Host will post up another puzzle.
5) A puzzle winner is decided by the forumite who first guesses the answer and posts the full and correctly spelled word. A spelling error will allow somebody else to steal the win by posting the correctly spelled word, with the Round Host's confirmation.
6) No post editing, once you've chosen a letter, you're stuck with it.
7) The winner of the round becomes the new round host, winning one point.
8.) A clue must be provided to accompany each hidden word, make it as cryptic as you like.
9) Any word, game or character (etc) is allowed, but no utterly bizarre sounding Japanese games titles, or anything so obscure that no-one in the world would get it, please. Keep it to games, places and characters, especially if you're giving a super obscure phrase.
10) No extra clues may be given. If people complain about the clue's obscurity at the end of the round then it may be wise not to use it again.
11) Please only participate if you intend to stick around for the duration.
12) The leaderboard seasons change monthly, and I'll post up the season winners respectively, on the first post. When you are Round Host, update the leaderboard at the end of the round please, by posting who got the points.

----
Example puzzle

Clue: Electric mouse.
P I _ A C H _ (leave a space between each underscore or uncovered letter)

Incorrect letters:
S, R, F

Penalty points:
3/12
---
Most of the above is credit to Stu_the_great of CVG Forums Totally not stolen from anywhere.
---
Season One Leaderboard:
-
-
-
-

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Let's go!

Clue: Pocket Monster. Shockwaving, bugbuzzing and organ-crushing.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Incorrect Guesses:

Penalty Points: 0/12

#######

Enjoy. :]
Twi
Twi
Disciple of Awesomeness
Disciple of Awesomeness

Humor : I don't have any. I sold it for more guns.
Favourite Game : Final Fantasy X

Back to top Go down

Hangman (Game Themed) Empty Re: Hangman (Game Themed)

Post by ZeBaron Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:18 am

E.
ZeBaron
ZeBaron
Better Than James
Better Than James

Humor : Fucking hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Clue: Pocket Monster. Shockwaving, bugbuzzing and organ-crushing.
_ _ _ _ E _ _

Incorrect Guesses:
Penalty Points: 0/12
Twi
Twi
Disciple of Awesomeness
Disciple of Awesomeness

Humor : I don't have any. I sold it for more guns.
Favourite Game : Final Fantasy X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum